We shared some tips to help you winterize your boat, now it’s time to prepare for the spring, summer and fall boating seasons:
- Wash your boat well and perform a leak test.
- Drop sails, clean and inspect stitching and repair/service as needed.
- Check running rigging and clean.
- Polish all stainless to help avoid rust.
- Put a couple drops of oil down swage fittings to stop corrosion.
- Service your engine(s).
- Tune/adjust rigging as needed. Also check cotter pins and install rigging tape to avoid boat bites.
- Make sure all safety equipment is up to date – flares, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Check seizing wire on anchor shackle.
- Schedule an assessment by our Specialty team to ensure all is ready for a safe and fun boating season.
A one-stop service shop. Dedicated year-round moorage to service all boat sizes; specialists and project managers who address and facilitate all maintenance, improvement and corrective requirements.
No worries, our team offers regular boat care to customers in the Greater Vancouver area. Whether a one-time detailing or weekly cleaning and check-ins, at our docks or yours, just let us know.
The Canadian dollar speaks for itself. Top 3 reasons for American boaters to bring their boats to Specialty Yachts at Granville Island for maintenance and repairs.
- Realize the savings associated with the strengthening of the US dollar.
- Specialty Yachts has an award-winning service team.
- Granville Island is a destination, attracting some 10.5 million visitors each year, to its art, culture, restaurants, shopping and area hotels. Play in the marine centre of the city while your boat is being serviced.
The award-winning Service Team at Specialty Yachts is a leader for setting the highest standard for service and safety excellence. A dedicated team of service professionals works together to develop innovative solutions, troubleshoot issues and ensure proper maintenance of customers’ boats. Working in a culture of continuous improvement, all members of the Specialty Yachts Service Team are committed to ongoing professional development Our team supports the technical, mechanical, maintenance and detailing requirements of all boat brands and sizes. Book now to secure your spot on the Specialty Service schedule. Call Amy Tully in the Service Department at 1-877-822-0359, ext 785.